Day 5 of our 5 day series of information/coaching inspired posts about a Career in Practice Nursing.
Today I challenge you to SWOT it!
There is nothing like a good old SWOT analysis to help with clarity on a decision.
Get a piece of paper and divide it into four.
Label each square as follows:
Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats – and fill each section in with all the thoughts you have and also include anything that has come up for you during this week’s series.
What stands out for you? What would you like to gather more information on?
What would you like to ask us or discuss at the workshop?
I hope you have liked this week’s series. As I mentioned at the start, it’s just a small taste of what will be covered in the workshop so make sure you book your spot before they are all gone.
P.S. The workshops that I am co-hosting with Jane Campion will take place on 26th July and 4th October. The workshop is titled “Practice Nursing as a Career”.
The link for more information and booking is here.
During the workshop we are going to give you all the information you need to help you make an informed decision about pursuing a career in Practice Nursing, including:
- The role of the Practice Nurse – responsibilities, Scope of Practice, qualifications needed, extended nursing duties, etc.
- Structure of Primary Care – so you have a better understanding of this area and will be able to identify the particular strengths you have that you could bring to a Practice Nurse role.
- Terms and Conditions – practical information and advice from an expert from Cornmarket.
- Life and Career choices – using coaching methods and tools you will discover your life purpose, what your personal work preference is, what your drivers are to or away from certain things and what needs to change in your life/work situation. We will also cover other aspects such as confidence when applying for jobs.
- There is much more on the Agenda – it’s a day packed with information, discussion, exploration and exercises that will give you much deeper insights than you can access yourself or via this series.
We have kept the price low to make it accessible for everyone. As well as this, tea/coffee and light lunch are included in the price. There are still some places available on both dates so if you have been thinking about this, now is the time to book and secure your place before they are all gone.
P.P.S. Both Jane and I have extensive experience of Practice Nursing (41 years between us!) so this is a great opportunity to learn from us and pick our brains in a safe space, away from work/life distractions and demands.
Here is where you can secure your seat…