Day 2 of our 5 day series of information/coaching inspired posts about a Career in Practice Nursing
The topic for today is…What is your personal work preference?
Many Practice Nurses love their jobs and remain in post for years, but it’s not for everyone. If your work preference is to be in the thick of dealing with medical or surgical emergencies, you should acknowledge this, own it and love yourself for it. If you would prefer to get to know your patients over a longer period of time, it’s important to find a role that serves this purpose and allows you to do this in order to achieve better work fulfilment. What’s fulfilling for one person will be less so for another, so think about what will help you to feel fulfilled.
Here are two questions to think about today and it may help to actually write down the answers:
- What is it about your nursing role that fits with your personal preferences or work styles?
- What are the aspects that don’t quite fit, for you personally?
P.S. This and many other topics will be covered in detail during the workshops that I am co-hosting on 26th July and 4th October with Jane Campion. The workshop is titled “Practice Nursing as a Career“.
The link for more information and booking is here.
During the workshop we are going to give you all the information you need to help you make an informed decision about pursuing a career in Practice Nursing, including:
- The role of the Practice Nurse – responsibilities, Scope of Practice, qualifications needed, extended nursing duties, etc.
- Structure of Primary Care – so you have a better understanding of this area and will be able to identify the particular strengths you have that you could bring to a Practice Nurse role.
- Terms and Conditions – practical information and advice from an expert from Cornmarket.
- Life and Career choices – using coaching methods and tools you will discover your life purpose, what your personal work preference is, what your drivers are to or away from certain things and what needs to change in your life/work situation. We will also cover other aspects such as confidence when applying for jobs.
- There is much more on the Agenda – it’s a day packed with information, discussion, exploration and exercises that will give you much deeper insights than you can access yourself or via this series.
We have kept the price low to make it accessible for everyone. As well as this, tea/coffee and light lunch are included in the price. There are still some places available on both dates so if you have been thinking about this, now is the time to book and secure your place before they are all gone.
P.P.S. Both Jane and I have extensive experience of Practice Nursing (41 years between us!) so this is a great opportunity to learn from us and pick our brains in a safe space, away from work/life distractions and demands.
So don’t miss out – CLICK HERE and secure your spot today!